Hot off the Press – New IBM Press Book
Mastering XPages: A Step-by-Step Guide to XPages Application Development and the XSP Language, Second Edition by Martin Donnelly , Mark Wallace, Tony McGuckin has just published. This book contains over 1,100 pages of content and has been fully updated.
About the Book
Three key members of the IBM XPages team have brought together comprehensive knowledge for delivering outstanding solutions. They have added several hundred pages of new content, including four new chapters. Drawing on their unsurpassed experience, they present new tips, samples, and best practices reflecting the platform’s growing maturity. Writing for both XPages newcomers and experts, they cover the entire project lifecycle, including problem debugging, performance optimization, and application scalability.
* Understanding XPages’ development paradigm, tooling, runtime framework, and application architecture
* Configuring Domino Designer and integrating XPages Extension Library
* Constructing application logic and using data binding controls
* Reading/writing Notes documents: from use cases to design properties
* Using Views, including examples of accessing calendars via REST
* Making the most of Notes/Domino 9.0’s new DataView control
* Coding: from the basics to fully customized behavior
* Advanced scripting: AJAX, Dojo, @Functions, managed beans, and more
* Extending the Rich Text Editor’s functionality
* Building and consuming new controls with Extensibility APIs
* Taking web applications offline in the Notes client
* Building mobile apps: controls, design patterns, and best practices
* Creating apps that look and work great–for local and global audiences
* Systematically optimizing performance and scalability
* Protecting data and users: leveraging Domino and Notes security models
Hear directly from the authors and learn what’s new in the Second Edition
Watch the Meet the Author Video
In the US – If you order now you can get a special 35% discount on the book on the publisher’s site when using the following coupon code. The coupon code is to be used at checkout and is case sensitive. You can order via the following site to use the discount coupon.
For other countries, please contact me.