Well I have seen it – all. At IBM Press books, we are coming out with a new book – DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of IBM Hybrid Data Server.
Today we discovered that Kitchenperfect.com is actually promoting the “cookbook”. Just think – add garlic, pasta and some DB2. Chances are your dinner will actually come with some “data” mixed in.
But seriously folks, Amazon is offering an amazing 37% retail on the book if you pre-order.
Here’s what you will learn:
The topics are organized by typical user tasks throughout the life cycle of XML database projects, from planning, designing, and implementing databases all the way to tuning, problem determination, and application development. It includes code samples for Java, .NET, COBOL, PL/1, C, PHP, and Perl programmers. The DB2 pureXML Cookbookprovides proven recipes rather than a mere reference of ingredients.
- Unique and comprehensive coverage of pureXML on all supported platforms: DB2 9.x for Linux, UNIX, and Windows and DB2 9 for z/OS.
- Written for database administrators and application developers, beginners and advanced DB2 users.
- More than 700 “recipe-style” examples of XML queries, updates, schemas, indexes, storage objects, application code, and database maintenance tasks.
- DB2 pureXML best practices, tips, and tricks based on the author’s extensive hands-on experience in pureXML deployments.
- Coverage of brand-new XML features that IBM intends to make available in the next release of DB2
Enjoy your recipes!