August 11, 2009
It’s sure been busy at IBM Press Books…what a summer for book publishing. Seems like every week there is a new book coming off the press. Here’s the latest!
DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of the IBM Hybrid Data Server
Here’s what you will learn:
The topics are organized by typical user tasks throughout the life cycle of XML database projects, from planning, designing, and implementing databases all the way to tuning, problem determination, and application development. It includes code samples for Java, .NET, COBOL, PL/1, C, PHP, and Perl programmers. The DB2 pureXML Cookbookprovides proven recipes rather than a mere reference of ingredients.
- Unique and comprehensive coverage of pureXML on all supported platforms: DB2 9.x for Linux, UNIX, and Windows and DB2 9 for z/OS.
- Written for database administrators and application developers, beginners and advanced DB2 users.
- More than 700 “recipe-style” examples of XML queries, updates, schemas, indexes, storage objects, application code, and database maintenance tasks.
- DB2 pureXML best practices, tips, and tricks based on the author’s extensive hands-on experience in pureXML deployments.
- Coverage of brand-new XML features that IBM intends to make available in the next release of DB2
July 15, 2009
I just saw that Amazon dropped it’s Kindle 2 to $299.00. ebooks are gaining in popularity and I was reading that a group is proposing to put a Kindle in every child’s backpack! At IBM Press Books, most of our books are also available in the Kindle format. But what alot of folks don’t realize is that the PDF is also for sale on the publisher’s site. They are cheaper and save trees! Just look for the green arrow to identify the ebook on the publisher’s site below.
Check em out. (ps become a site member for free and save 30%!)
June 8, 2009
GO Green and Save the Trees – accees to over 7600 books
Safari Books Online is an on-demand digital library providing subscription-based access to thousands of the best technology, creative and business titles from top publishers like IBM Press, O’Reilly Media, Addison-Wesley, Apress, Manning and more. With searchable online access from your computer or mobile device, Safari Books Online makes sure you have the right information when and where you need it.
This is a great way to have IBM Press books and others at your fingertips.
Special Offer: 15 Days Free Plus 15% Off
Experience the power and convenience of Safari Books Online today with a 15-day free trial. Keep your account and save 15% off the monthly price for a full year.
May 7, 2009
Amazon is offering some whopping discounts on new titles that will be publishing from IBM Press books.
Discounts range from 34%-37% off. Take advantage of these amazing discounts on pre-orders.
Here’s the hot discounting pre-orders:
DB2 pureXML Cookbook: Master the Power of IBM Hybrid Data Server
In DB2 pureXML Cookbook, two of IBM’s leading experts provide the single most comprehensive coverage of DB2′s pureXML capabilities. This book explains DB2 pureXML in over 700 practical examples, including 250+ XQuery and SQL/XML queries, taking the reader from simple introductions all the way to advanced scenarios. The authors have distilled their hands-on experience with many pureXML applications so that you can benefit from best practices, tips & tricks, performance guidelines, and other gems that are not documented elsewhere.
Dynamic SOA and BPM: Best Practices for Business Process Management and SOA Agility
Top IBM SOA architect Marc Fiammante walks readers step-by-step through integrating BPM and SOA, and using them together to build a more flexible, dynamic enterprise. Throughout, he emphasizes hands-on solutions based on his unsurpassed expertise supporting dozens of enterprise SOA implementations. Coverage includes:
- Moving from simplified integration to dynamic processes
- Streamlining enterprise architecture to support BPM
- Implementing dynamic enterprise information and business processes
- Tooling for design and development in a dynamic enterprise
- Managing and monitoring a dynamic environment, and much more
Viral Data in SOA: An Enterprise Pandemic