It seems like everywhere I look I am seeing coverage of business intelligence and the need for analytics. IBM is really pushing smarter planet and you can’t be smart if you don’t really dig deep with analytics. Pretty simple proposition. Mike’s book is terrific. Product neutral. Pragmatic. Summer is winding down and I am knee-deep in working on our book list for IBM IOD 2010. Mike’s book will there – and so will Mike. If you are attending – stop by the bookstore and pick his brain during his book signing. There will tons of sessions on analytics – the new black!
The New Era Of Business Intelligence – Using Analytics to Achieve a Global Competitive Advantage by Mike Biere
Drawing on thousands of hours working with enterprise customers, Mike helps decision-makers choose from today’s unprecedented spectrum of options, including the latest BI platform suites and appliances. He offers practical, “in-the-trenches” insights on a wide spectrum of planning and implementation issues, from segmenting and supporting users to working with unstructured data.
• Understanding the scope of today’s BI solutions and how they fit into existing infrastructure
• Assessing new options such as SaaS and cloud-based technologies
• Avoiding technology biases and other “project killers”
• Developing effective RFIs/RFPs and proofs of concept
• Setting up competency centers and planning for skills development
• Crafting a better experience for all your business users
• Supporting the requirements of senior executives, including performance management
• Cost-justifying BI solutions and measuring success
• Working with enterprise content management, text analytics, and search
• Planning and constructing portals, mashups, and other user interfaces
• Previewing the future of BI
The book can be ordered in hardcopy or electronic form.
If you order now you can get a special 35% discount on the book when using this coupon code: IBM5423. This coupon code is to be used at checkout and is case sensitive. You can order here to use the discount coupon.