Modern Web Development with IBM WebSphere: Developing, Deploying, and Managing Mobile and Multi-Platform Apps by By Kyle Brown, Roland Barcia, Karl Bishop, Matthew Perrins has just published and is available in printed and ebook formats
About the Book
This guide presents a coherent strategy for building modern mobile/web applications that are fast, responsive, interactive, reusable, maintainable, extensible, and a pleasure to use. Four IBM experts offer practical, hands-on coverage of front-end development with IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5, IBM Worklight, and today’s most popular open source frameworks.
• Developing for MobileFirst: moving from “graceful degradation” to “progressive enhancement”
• Quickly delivering lightweight JEE apps with WebSphere Application Server’s new Liberty Profile
• Implementing an agile, user-centered, page-oriented approach to design
• Constructing REST services with WebSphere Liberty, Eclipse, and JEE annotations
• Designing and building complex, transactional RESTful services that interface with databases and other data sources
• Building IBM Worklight hybrid apps with open source frameworks: jQuery Mobile, Backbone, Require.js, and Handlebars
• Debugging cross-platform, multi-language modern web apps
• Promoting scalability, security, and connectivity into the wider enterprise
This book is part of the IBM Press developerWorks series. The IBM Press developerWorks Series pairs books with complementary resources on the developerWorks website at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/dwbooks/
Watch the Meet the Authors Video here.
The IBM Press developerWorks Series pairs books with complementary resources on the developerWorks website at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/dwbooks/
Book Ordering Options
In the US – If you order now you can get a special 35% discount on the book on the publisher’s site when using the following coupon code. The coupon code is to be used at checkout and is case sensitive. You can order via the following site to use the discount coupon.
For other countries, please contact me.